Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Stepped into a big hole after just recovering from slip disc. Stabbing pain in hip. Stop working?

I had just recovered from slipped disc when i missed a step and stepped into a big hole. My back was very painfull for twomdays then seemed to recover, however now for the past three months i get stabbing pain in my hip when i bend down. I work in a nursery and get lots of pain from work, nut itvrecovers when i am on holiday, should i give uo work.?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  15
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for posting your query.

From description pain in hip seems to be due to muscle spasm. There is no need to give up your work. Doing hot fomatation and applying muscle relaxant gel will be helpful. Do stretching to releive the spasm. If it persisted get it evaluated by your orthopaedician.
Hope this will helps you.
Dr Saurabh gupta
Answered: Sat, 29 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor