Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Stent placement after heart attack. Overweight, smoking addiction. Any advice?

My uncle suffered a heart attack three years ago. They implanted three stents. His EJ was 30%. Last night he suffered another heart attack. The stents were damaged as he did not take pill to Maintain stents. He does not have insurance. He had a successful surgery and replaced h 3 stents. But now is EJ is 10%. He is 58 years old. He is overweight and smokes can quiting smoking increase the EJ rate? How can he improve his EJ? If you take follow doctors orders how long can a person live with such a low EJ rate.
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  214
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM ,
after stent placement medicine is must , your uncle must take medicine regularly ,
quitting any form of tobacco is definately help to improve out come of any patient so motivate your uncle to quit smoking completely ,
adopt healthy life style ,
dont eat heavy , eat small but more frequent ,
eat healthy food ,restrict salt intake ,
avoid undue strain , and physical activity ,
please take your medicine regularly and please keep in regular touch with your cardiologist ,
many patient will improve with healthy life style and diet and with medicine and your uncle will also get benefit .
take care
Answered: Tue, 4 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor