Stent placement after heart attack. Overweight, smoking addiction. Any advice?

My uncle suffered a heart attack three years ago. They implanted three stents. His EJ was 30%. Last night he suffered another heart attack. The stents were damaged as he did not take pill to Maintain stents. He does not have insurance. He had a successful surgery and replaced h 3 stents. But now is EJ is 10%. He is 58 years old. He is overweight and smokes can quiting smoking increase the EJ rate? How can he improve his EJ? If you take follow doctors orders how long can a person live with such a low EJ rate.
Wed, 5 Dec 2012