Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Stent inserted after heart attack. Pain in center of chest, dizziness, panic episode during CT. Treatment?

My husband is 57 and had a heart attack 4 years ago with a stent put in one of the 2 blockages. The other blockage was at 70% but not stented. Since then he has still had pain in centre chest and dizziness . This week he s had nuclear stress test and CT scan of head and neck . During the CT he had a panic episode for being in confined space. It s been 4 days and he s having chest pain though his bp is in normal range and his pulse is in the high - mid 40 s. Should he go to emerg?
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Cardiologist 's  Response
as you said one block with 70% was not stented , it may progressed or disease may developed in other vessels.
So first take an ECG, if it is normal , he may need stress test and followed by coronary angiography.
Answered: Thu, 7 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor