Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Started taking Microgynon pills and I have been feeling irritable. Could this be due pill ?

Hi i started taking miccogynon tablet for the first time on the first day of my cycle, which was 8/05/2011-for the first 2 days i was feeling nausea & sick.i have just come of my period on the 14/05/2011, i am still on the pill. but i have been feeling very irritable, very moody, constantly tired, headaches..could this be due to the pill as it will prob need time to settle in to my system..i am 26 years old, my weight is just under 7 stone, my bmi is 18..please advise.
Asked On : Wed, 18 May 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  181
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
It is possible that the pills can have this effect of fatigue, nausea, headache, abdominal pain as well. You need to consume enough water and eat healthy. Your BMI indicates less than normal value. You are underweight. Start be eating high calorie and protein food like banana, orange, jackfruit, chikoos, eggs, milk, rice, pulses, cereal, chicken and lean meat. This will help you feel better. Consult a Gynaecologist in this regard if the symptoms are bothering because there are other options like 3 monthly Depot injections, Mirena IUCD etc.
Answered: Tue, 21 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Zainab's  Response
Hi,all your symptoms like nausea,headach,irritability&tirdness could be due to the pills that you take as contraception because these pills contain hormones which act in your body to prevent ovulation & therefor prevent pregnancy ,so you can visit your gp to chang the pills to another type of pill or to another kind of contraception.thank you for your question.
Answered: Wed, 22 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
this is because of the pills you r taking. consult your gynac for this so she can suggest some other medicins along with this.
Answered: Wed, 18 May 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor