Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Started spotting. Should I be concerned or go for specialist advice?

i dont really like going to the doctors so im hoping you can help a little. the last 2 days going to the toilet, there has been blood on the toilet paper but not my period, yesterday just a few drops of blood but today there was a least 2 spoons in the bowl to change the toilet water. it was bright red. question is is there something i can do or take with out going to the doctors to get a check up.?
Asked On : Wed, 4 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2014
Hi and welcome to health care magic,

There are a few histories that are important for me to provide you a better consultation.

It would help to know if you are using contraceptives, your age, previous pregnancies etc.

However with the above history You must first rule out a pregnancy if you are not on contraceptives by a urine pregnancy test. If it is negative the commonest cause of bleeding is hormonal imbalances and fibroids [non cancerous tumors] of the uterus. Cervical conditions like polyps may also produce bleeding. So you will need an examination by a gynecologist to determine the cause.

Do not worry. They are common and treatable conditions.

Hope I was able to help.
Thanks for using HCM
Dr Madhuri Bagde
consultant Ob gyn
Answered: Mon, 24 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor