Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Staph infection on groin area. Had on other leg they ended up cutting it out. Is this my only option?

I have a staph infection in the crease of my leg, in the groin area. I have had it twice before on the right side now on the left side. I have a pretty large hole in my leg which has been there for awhile. I've been to several doctors and through loads of antibiotics but this hole will not completely close. Last time on my other leg they ended up cutting it out. Is this my only option? Is there anything I can do to help this hole close? How can I prevent a fourth infection whenever I get rid of this one?
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  7
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, it appears that it is the mixed infectin, probably with a bone infection, like osteomyelitis. it is on both sides means and if bone infection it might be along the length of the pubic bone.
You may need to get irrigated the bone infection, get the product culture and sensitivity, and treatment accordingly.
So i advise you to consult an orthopedic surgeon for diagnosis and treatment. Thank you.
Answered: Sun, 13 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor