• question-icon

Stage 4 liver cancer

I need to know what to expect in the near future with someone who has stage 4 liver cancer . Chemo and other traditional treatments didnt work and now are about to start some sort of experimental medication. They are in alot of pain and has lost approx 35 libs. said to be moving around a little better since chemo was stopped but now has a blood clot around where chemo was admitted. I am scared it is getting close to the end but not for sure as I dont know much about this horriable disease. Please help me understand. They have not discussed her chances with the family or her yet. Does that mean that the point of survival is mute ? how long could she have left ?
Fri, 18 Nov 2011
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response

There is almost no hope to prolong life beyond a certain period of time..without complications we can stil hope for some changes in the outlook, but if already with complications, then very difficult to say teh outcome..discuss the possibilities with th etreating doctor who knows the patient the best, so he/she will be th best person to discuss the outcomes of the disease.