Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Stabbing pain near chest, shoots while taking deep breath, worst while lying. Reason? Taking ciscutan for skin

Hi, I have ben experiencing some abdominal pains for the past 3 days. It feels like there is wind trapped however, it can t escape. The pain is located below the rib cage with punctual stabbing pain primarily on the right side ( chest area). When taking a deep breath the pain shoots to the right side of my rib cage and up to my right shoulder making it impossible to finish the deep breath. When lying down the pain becomes worse. Last night I had to sleep sitting up. I am currently taking ciscutan (for my skin) and while I know that I shouldn t be drinking anything, I did have one too many drinks on Friday. I don t know whether there may be a connection. Thank you for your help in advance
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  65
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

I went through your descriptions. Gas or acidity is caused mainly due to two reasons. One is indigestion and the other being excess secretion of digestive juices. Indigestion is caused by junk foods or foods that are not easily digested. Keeping the stomach empty for long creates the second instance. Another possible cause of gas is keeping facae inside body without proper evacuation. Waste disintegrates and releases biogas which comes out through either anus or through mouth.

Acidity causes gas to develop and developed gas pushes the diaphragm upwards. This causes the tightness or fullness of chest region. The lungs are tightly packed inside the rib cage. Therefore effort to take deep breath hurts the lungs and results in pain. Pain and chest tightness combines and creates anxiety and anxiety is the reason for all other problems.

Normlly antacid is prescribed. You can consult a doctor for that. Meanwhile you can have cummin seed decoction and garlic with food to relieve acidity.

Hope I am able to clarify your doubts. Available for further enquiries.
Good luck.
Answered: Tue, 3 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor