Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Stabbing pain just under rib cage, only when leaning or bending down. Reason?

This just started last night but I am really concerned. When I lean down or bend over I get a stabbing pain the the mid left upper abdominal area just under my rib cage. The pain only comes on as I lean or bend but it takes about 10 or 15 minutes to go away after I stand up. Almost as if there is something sharp inside me that is in a bad position as I bend over.
Mon, 16 Sep 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
It appears that you might be having heavy strain on chest muscles and muscle went into spasm.
There might be having h/o fall, heavy muscles movement causing muscle spasm.
If there is no H/o cough, fever etc muscle spasm is likely.
Take some analgesic, muscle relaxant medicine for 2-3 days.
If there is no improvement, consult your doctor and get examined.
ok and take care.
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Homeopath Dr. Mungara Raveendra's  Response
hi welcome to HCM
i had gone through your query and understand your concerns. i would come up with three most possibilities to fit your case.these include

1.first possibility is PEPTIC ULCER;confirm with upper gastro intestinal endoscopy.

2.second possibility is,DIVERTICULITIS;inflammation of balloon-like protuberance due to excess Gas pressure in intestines.often caused by additives in food,or low blood sugar

3.third possibility is,gas trouble (or APD ACID PEPSIC DYSPEPSIA ).irregular dietary habbits,modern lifestyles (drinking,smoking,etc),EXCESSIVE USE OF PAIN KILLERS,ANTIBIOTICS,STEROIDS for even minor complaints, CURRY,HURRY,WORRY are the main causative factors.

treatment plan;
i advise you taking Homeopathic medicines gives safe and permanent cure for your complaints along with management

consult your local homeopathic physician for correct diagnosis of the case and remedy to fit your complaints. or mail me at

I hope this is helpful for you, thank you     

I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor