Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Squishy knot on the top of hip bone after fall, bruising from front to back. Will it subside eventually?

I have a 50 cent piece knott on top of hip bone that happened 4 weeks ago from falling hard on medium size rocks.Did not hurt when happened, however later in day noticed this lump. By next day totally bruised front to back..Put ice on for a few days... Swelling around lump went down slightly..Not hot to touch, still a bruised in color, and is not sore..Grabbing hold of it feels a little squishy...I was told it will eventually go away..Would appreciate your opinion...I m an active 75 year old and active...Thank you, Barbara JOrgensen - Manson Wa..
Asked On : Tue, 30 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  54
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
It looks to me that you had GT bursitis. There is fluid collection and it usually subsides by its own so not a serious issue. I would suggest you to get a ultrasound and if it shows any fluid inside then it can be removed with the help of needle.
Answered: Fri, 25 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor