Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Squint in eye, have high refractive error and amblyopia. Next option?

Hi I m from India.. I ve been having vision problems since my childhood. I was diagnosed with Amblyopia since 16.. I ve very high refractive error in my right eye.. Since then ,i ve been wearing specs with correction only for my left my eyes are starting to squint .. What is the option next for me?   To attempt for vision improvement in the amblyopic eye or just get the squint corrected?  If I get operated for squint , wil I ve recurrence of it ? I m 24 now  Thank you ,    Ranjan 
Asked On : Thu, 13 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hi Ranjan,
Uniocular very high refractive error is a very common condition ,which has multiple solutions nowadays.
You must understand these corrections are to maintain your current vision and will not reverse your amblyopia.
Consult a Refractive corneal surgeon in your area,who
- can assess your extent of amblyopia and squint with any other associated ocular pathology and
- guide you for either an uniocular Contact Lens wear for the high powered eye/possibility of doing a LASIK to avoid worsening of squint/ ICL implantable contact lens surgery can be done.
- or finalise your squint correction if the above options are not possible.

Let's hope the best things will happen for you and do let us know after your consultation for further help if needed. Take care.

Answered: Mon, 17 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor