Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
136 Doctors are Online

Spreading rash on body, headache, joint pain. Want second opinon

Hi, I am a young 57 year old. Fifteen years ago I was ill and went through blood tests and found to have high ana levels, was referred to specialist who said I was too healthy etc. my doctor left the specialist left and nothing happed, dispite my feeling I had lupus . Now been to doc again (different one) had tests ana high bloods sent to Leeds, rash on body thought low platlets, not. Rash spreading now arms legs neck, still with other symptoms, tired, joints, tendons, lesions, headaches , sun sensative etc etc. Told dna bloods clear, discharged. Asked for second opinion and doc is dragging heals as feels it is all depression . Had a breakdown 10 years ago, easy option. Can you help please?
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Welcome to healthcare magic,
You should see a dermatologist for treating the skin rash. It could be cutaneous lupus. There are about 11 criterias for lupus of which if you have 5 you will be diagnosed as Systemic lupus erythematosus. Photosensitivity, joint pains, discoid rash, rash over cheeks ( Malar rash) and ANA positivity are criterias which are satisfied in your case of which the rash has to be confirmed as skin lupus by a dermatologist. I would not ignore your symptoms. Even psychiatric manifestation is also a criteria for SLE. Please see a dermatologist or an Immunologist for a second opinion.
Hope this helped,
Take care
Answered: Sat, 30 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor