Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Spotting, breast tenderness, cramping, bleeding. Have irregular periods. What is happening?

I recently have had spotting for the last two months and breast tenderness. I started cramping and bleeding alittle more and figured I was having my period. I have irregular periods anyways but are always a couple days long and light. I went shopping and all of a sudden it just rushed out of me. I experienced intense cramps and a watery bright red bleeding that was so heavy that i couldn't get out of the bathroom. I was passing clots and large pinkish stretchy tissue looking substance. I was also very sick to my stomach. This lasted 4 hours total and I did go to the Er. I was bleeding so much that I had to use a towel rolled up between my legs to go to hospital. The doctor at the er didn't examine me or see what I was passing or how much. They did a pregnacy test on me which was negative. Once I passed the large tissue like stuff the cramps slowed. They gave me pain killers and stuff for the nausea and sent me home. Its been a couple of days and I'm lightly bleeding and I'm still having cramps and pain in my lower abdomen and lower back and alittle nausea with no appetite and very tired. I can't get in to see a doctor till friday. What could be happening with me?
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  48
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thanks for using health care magic

Its a good thing that your pregnancy test came out negative.

With the negative test and an irregular menstrual cycle, the most
probable cause could be that you are having endometrial hyperplasia
which could result due to anovulatory cycles common after a few years following onset of menses or towards menopause.

An ultrasound should be done to evaluate the level of thickness of the enodmetrium, an endometiral biopsy as well would help.

If the cause is just due to hormones, your doctor might consider putting you on pills.

If you are over weight or obese, you should consider loosing some weight.

Best regards
Dr Achuo
Answered: Mon, 24 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor