Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Spots on penis, ridge like formation, irritation, reddish. Are they fordyce spots?

hi i don know if this question is pretaining to your field or dermatology but on the head of my penis there isred spots and little ridge like formations going towards the tip. i do not get pain from there but i do get irritation when i rub it slightly. i have read into fordyce spots which is when the glands that secrete oil in your penis show, and it seems similar to what i have, (also i have flesh/redish colored palpules on the underside of my shaft/around the underside of my head.) please respond asap i need advice ^.^ ive been dealing with this sice i was around 12-13 years old (around puberty ) which i read is when most cases of fordyce spots occur.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  87
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have a ridge going from frenulum to tip of the penis.This is not definitely a fordyce Spots that you are suspecting about..Please consult qualified urologist for clinical examination and further treatment .You may need to get the ridge excised under local anaesthesia.
Answered: Sun, 17 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor