• question-icon

Spots around waist, leaves scars, eczema or an irritation to clothing?

HI I ve been getting these spots appear around my waste which have now recently left scars. I thought that might be the end of it however i am now receiving more spots in the same areas? why is that? I have seen a dermatologist and he said its could be a form of eczema or an irritation to clothing. What could it be? and why all of a sudden has it started to flare up again
Wed, 30 Oct 2013
Welcome to healthcare magic.
The most common causes of an allergy around the waist are nickel in the belt buckle and elastic from your underwear. Nickel from the buckle can permeate through the clothes and elicit an allergy in susceptible individuals.
I suggest you get a test called as a patch test done to see if your are allergic to above components.
You have to avoid the offending allergen to find a permanent solution to your rash.
Hope this helps.