Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Spot on inner part of buttocks, hard and painful, developed scab and then a hole, with blood drainage

My boyfriend had a spot on the inner part of his right butt cheek it felt kinda hard for well over a month and sometimes would hurt him if he sat wrong but wasnt a constant pain i kept an eye on it n the other day he said it felt like it had a scab on it and a hole in it so i looked at it there was no scab but it had blood under the surface he had me take a needle and put a whole in it when i did so bllod gushed out and i could feel something popping almost under the skin like a zit popping. Todayhe said it had been seeping blood and stuff since then so i took a look at it i was shocked when i seen it and it was now a decent size hole with what looks like a piece of skin comming out of it that is very much attached on the inside. I looked at pictures of boils and it doesnt look like a boil. He doesnt want to go to the hospital but i dont know what to do or what it Is so we can treat it. Please help!!
Asked On : Tue, 8 May 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  256
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
From your description, it seems that your boy friend is having some serious problem on his butt cheek. It is not something that you can treat on your own with over the counter medicines.
he needs an immediate medical attention to control the bleeding and the impending infection in the area.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Tue, 8 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Smrithi's  Response
Welcome to HCM
From your history it looks like there might be a tract which is connecting the skin and interior. Through this space only the blood might be seeping. Better to get examined by a surgeon. Hope this answers your query.
Answered: Tue, 8 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor