Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Spot on buttocks, painful to walk, redness. What are they?

I am 14 years old and have a spot on the inside of my bum cheek. It has been there a few weeks now and is painful to walk with. It is red and has just recently opened which is even more painful. It does not seem to be puss filled but the opening is just red like tissue possibly. I don t want to see a doctor as I find it awkward talking about these things.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  53
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi ,
Welcome to HCM.
Thanks for writing in.
There is nothing to feel awkward to visit to doctor.
The condition can be folliculitis or cellulitis.
An oral course of antibiotics will be helpful.
Apply soframycin cream twice daily.Take tab.ibuprofen for few days .
Hope this helps.
Wishing you good health.
Answered: Mon, 4 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor