Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Split on head, have a throbbing bump on the site of stitches. What can be done?

I was knocked to the ground and split my head to the point where i needed 7 stitches on the same side of this throbbing bump. The bump is right under the now scare from this incident. It s been 3 and a half weeks since this happend and now I m wondering weather i should go see the same doctor that took the stiches out or pay 20 more dollars and see a neurologist . Can some tell me what they think may be going on? Thanks.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Radiologist 's  Response
May 2014
Thanks for writing in.

From your description of injury, there might have been significant force associated with your fall to cause an injury requiring 7 stiches. You have not mentioned about a CT scan being done soon after the injury. Signs of a head injury requiring CT scan are as follows:

Loss of consciousness
Loss of memory
Loss of balance
Severe headache not relieved by medications

If you have any of the above, please visit a neurologist and get CT scan brain if felt necessary.

Hope this helps
Answered: Tue, 27 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor