Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Spitting dark blood discharge, feeling of something stuck in throat, pain in cheek, nose. Should I be concern?

I ve been experiencing a dark bloody discharge from what I think is coming from my sinuses. When I spit it out it looks like a dark bloody clot. Sometimes when I expel this mucous it may be streaked through the mucous but still bloody in color. A few weeks ago I was also experiencing a feeling in my throat like something was stuck. This has passed this week, no feeling of something stuck in throat but started with the dark bloody mucous from sinuses. I do have alittle pain in my left side of my cheek area near my nose . Pressure feeling like. I am concerned with the color of the discharge.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  208
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear Concerned.,

Thanks for writing to us.

You have to give the duration of these symptoms and whether associated with fever?Are you a smoker?Do you also have associated loss of appetite and weight?

Kindly get yourself investigated with routine blood count/blood chemistry/blood smear study/urinalysis/X-Ray Paranasal sinuses/Chest X-Ray PA view. In addition bleeding and clotting Time.

In all probabality it could be an acute exacerbation of Chronic sinusitis. a course of Antibiotic and Nasal Decongestants/NSAID/Steam Inhalation/Nutritional Suppliments will be sufficient.Pls abstain from smoking/alcohol.

In case any investigation points towards Kochs/Nasopharyngeal Malignancy ,a consultation with Internal Medicine specialist and ENT Surgeon will be required for further management.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.,

Best Regards.,

Dr Lt Cdr ASN Bhushan,

Answered: Fri, 7 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Arif Khan S's  Response
dear patient,

yes you should consult an ENT doctor and get his opinion as soon as possible , if you are a smoker then kindly take a chest X-RAY PA veiw also...

thank you
Answered: Fri, 7 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor