Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Spiral break of tibia, ankles injured. Placed titanium rod. Can I start to gym?

After a spiral break of my tibia and shatteriing of both ankles in an auto accident 8 years ago I had surgery to place a titanium rod placed in my tibia, and plates and screws in both ankles. I am opverweight and have been having excruciating in one ankle. I am thinking about joining gym but am unsure what machines will be better - I have been told that I should only be exercising in water but that is not an option at this time. Can you recommend the best machines to avoid further damage or pain to my ankle leg (and knee )? Thank you!
Asked On : Sun, 14 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  95
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response

I have studied your case history.

You will need X ray of leg.
There is possibility of impingement of implant along soft tissue during ankle movement.
As bone union is complete and implant is producing pain you can remove implant consulting your doctor
Clinical examination is important to know site of pain.
You can also send x ray photo on my profile.
Till time take medication like analgesic and apply crepe bandage over thigh. Do ice fomentation.After implant removal after few months you can do all sorts of exercises.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Take care.
Answered: Mon, 5 May 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor