Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Spine shows 6mmfacetal synovial cyst rt side L4L5 will surgery help me if yes what procedure ?

I am 62 years old lady doctor jalandhar india ihave pain rt gluteal reigon numbness tinglinging rt foot and leg in the morning gets better after walking mri spine shows 6mmfacetal synovial cyst rt side L4L5 will surgery help me if yes what procedure ?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Feb 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  354
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hello welcome to healthcaremagic, synovial cyst usually occurs when there is degeneration of the joint. So if the cyst is easily approachable then aspiration can be done and chances of recurrence is there so steroid injection can be tried, and if these procedures does not work out then surgery can be done to fuse the intervetebral joints so that cyst formation does not meet a good spinal surgeon who will be able to decide which is the best for you.
Answered: Wed, 16 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. S S Soni's  Response
Surgery will definitely help you esp. spinal canal decompressiom
Get it done as sson as possible
Take care
Answered: Sun, 20 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Thank you very much for the advise ,going to consult doctors from apollo delhi and the options available..
Answered: Sun, 20 Feb 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor