Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Spinal injury due to fall, numbness, bump on coccyx, difficulty climbing stairs. Medical attention needed?

I fell with a thud ice skating this afternoon and landed on the base of the spine . I couldnt move for a few minutes and needed feeling to come back.The pain is worsening I find stairs and steps difficult and I am even uncomfy lying on my side in bed. It difficult to move from sitting to standing and vice versa. Do I need a doctor for a bump to the coccyx?
Asked On : Tue, 4 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  56
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

Since you are having severe pain, limiting your basic movements also, it is better to consult a doctor for evaluation.

We mainly need to exclude any fracture of coccyx or any other lumbar vertebra.

Till you see a doctor, for pain relief, you could take diclofenac or ibuprofen tablets.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Consultant Neurologist
Answered: Wed, 19 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor