Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Spinal injury. Twinge in lower back, leg pain. Anything I can do?

I had an accident in work about 2 months ago, and found out that i had bruised my muscle tissue in the left side of my spine , had a whiplash like injury to my spine and bruised my sciatic nerve . I have returned to work but i am doing lighter duties while my back heals. The pain has slowly got better but i have noticed a twinge in my lower back near my coccyx, and i still experience a dull ache in both of my legs. I have also noticed i cannot walk very far without the twinge getting worse and the aching in my legs getting worse. I worry because it is my back and i worry that the brusing is permanent, is there anything that i can do?
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  54
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013
Thank you for posting your query.

Based on yoursymptoms, it appears that a few nerves arising from the lower back region have compressed because of disc prolapse. This may have got aggravated due to the injury.
If an MRI of spine has not been done, it should be done to determine the severity of problem.
Treatment options include medications such as pregabalin, physiotherapy and surgery. The exact choice would depend on the MRI findings.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Answered: Tue, 13 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor