Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Sperm test. Low motility, sperm auto antibody negative,clumps of spermatozoa. What is wrong?

Sperm test came back with following results,semen p h is 8,sperm motility low 20per cent,normal sperm 6percent,sperm auto antibody negative,supermarkets viability low 19,liquefaction intermediate..................some clumps of spermatozoa present normal ranges as per who in human reproduction,spermatazoa show poor forward progression........can I father a child with this outcome
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have
done your semen analysis and revealed low motility termed as Asthenozoospermia.

As per WHO standards The normal percentage of active forward moving sperm (Grade A)should be minimum 12 to 15% to have effective fertilization and result into pregnancy.
Following general measure will help you increase sprm count and motility of sperms.
1) Practice regular exercise for 45 minutes followed by meditation for 1/2 an hour in the morning.
2) Take high protein diet rich in vegetables and fruits and Vitamin A,C,D,E.and Zinc.
3)Take anti oxidants like Almonds 5-6 everyday..
4) Avoid alcohol and smoking..
Please repeat semen analysis after two months .
Answered: Thu, 13 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor