Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Sperm analysis test report

myself nav from india Sir i got my sperm analysis test done it shows volume is 2ml , ph is 8.0,count is 40 m/cc , motility is 25%,RLP is 15%,sluggish 25%,immotile 75%,cellular debris 05%,agglutination is 05%, pus cells 2-4 /HPA ,normal 20%,abnormal 80% , head defects 40%, mid peice defects 30% tail defetcs 10%.Please teel me is my report good.
Asked On : Mon, 14 May 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  285
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HCM.

I have gone through your semen analysis reports and the following are conclusions based on the values mentioned.

1. Volume and Sperm count is normal and with in range.

2. PH is 8.0 which is bit higher suggestive of some infection ( Though some laboraties give range from 7.2 to 8.0 but according to WHO ph should be between 7.2-7.8). High PH is suggestive of infection.

3.Motility is 25% which is low ( 50% or above is normal) suggestive of Asthenospermia.

4.Pus cells 2-4/ HPA suggestive of infection.
5. Abnormal sperms 80 % suggestive of Teratospermia.

Finally conclusion is you have some infection and Asthenospermia and Teratospermia.

You have not mentioned anything about pain in scrotum or pus coming from penis.

Dont worry Abnormality in sperms like asthenospermia and teratospermia can be seen in infection. Treating the infection can help you. Antibiotics like Doxycycline will help you.

Please see a physician or an andrologist and take his advice on the treatment required.

Wish you a healthy Life.
Take Care
Answered: Mon, 14 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Rekha Khandelwal's  Response
i have seen your detailed semen report.
There are some problems in the report like there is less motilty and the abnormal sperms are more.
There is treatment available for this problem
Kindly consult your doctor.
All the best.
Answered: Mon, 14 May 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor