Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Spells with forehead pain, facial pressure, disorientation, dizziness, off balance at looking something still while moving. Signs of anxiety?

Hi. I have had anxiety for about 8 years now. I have had blood and heart tests, chest x ray as well and all normal. I have had this sensation only really a few times during the 8 years probably every 3-6 months or so however it usually happens around a time when I have been particularly anxious. It happened yesterday evening. I hadn t had any anxiety for about 3 or 4 weeks, then I had a period of anxiety and had a panic attack. Then a few days later I was looking into a highly magnified mirror and turned to walk away and felt an overwhelming falling feeling like the whole floor was moving like in an elevator. It lasts a few seconds then stops but leaves me feeling very anxious and with a slight pain in my forehead . I also feel small pressures in the front of my face which make me feel off balance for a second or so. I think it could be muscular spasms but could this make me feel so dizzy for a few seconds? I hold a lot of tension in my shoulders and face could this be causing it? I also feel off balance if I look at something still when I m moving. This is the most worrying symptom of my anxiety and really scares me when it happens. Nothing has ever come of it over the years and I eventually forget about it until it happens again months later. I wondered if this is anxiety?
Asked On : Fri, 20 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  163
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Oct 2012
hi..probably you are talking about panic disorder..don't worry on first hand..nothing will happen as nothing has happened so far..consult a psychiatrist and he will prescribe some anxiolytic medication..moreover, a referral to a clinical psychologist is needed as you have to learn certain relaxation techniques by which your experience during that time would be more bearable..there is a certain thing called just consult and live a healthy life free from the worries..thanks
Answered: Sat, 20 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor