Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Sound in my knees.

Hi,I have a problem for about 4 years,and that is when I sit down,I have a bad sound in my knees,like "TEGH!"Can you help me?
Asked On : Fri, 2 Oct 2009
Answers:  3 Views:  1341
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
welcum to healthcaremagic
sum time due to changes in Q -ANGLE these sounds r cuming.
no need to be worry , start exercise under the guidance of physiotherapist,
definitely ur problem will solve out
tk cr
Answered: Thu, 19 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hi Minakshi,
As stated above, you need to be more specific about your problem. Did this happen following any trauma? Did you have any swelling or pain around your knee following that trauma? If so, it could very likely be a meniscal tear or an osteochondral fracture (fracture of bone along with cartilage from the knee joint) If there hasn't been any trauma it could also arise due to any tendon snapping behind your knee.
You need to visit an Orthopaedician for detailed evaluation.
Answered: Wed, 18 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
We feel that the information is very little to advice you on. We provide you the General information here. If you happen to be in the elderly age group beyond 40 years there is something called Osteoarthritis that could happen in you which is the chronic wear and tear that is ocuring and due to it there can be the sound that you have described. Since it is an age related change there is nothing much that can be done except take Analgesics to relieve the pain, and if you find difficulty in performing your routine activities then it will need Knee replacement Surgeries. If you are injured it could be a ligament injury please see the doctor immediately to prevent the co morbidity in future. If you are a person involved in repetitive stress like Occupation, Athletes, Clergyman etc it could be a Stress Fracture. Exercises and medical attention are required.
Answered: Tue, 13 Oct 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor