Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Sores on feet filled with fluid, dry skin, redness, breakouts due to sweat and heat. Treatment?

I get these fluid filled sores on my feet . When I did get into my doctor they were burst a looked like cracked dry skin with reddness around- she was non-committal and couldn t really say anything about it. I have one on my Heel now that is huge (1/2 x 1/4 ) and hurts like the devil. I only get them on my right foot-seems like it started 5 years ago. i break out inthe summerand when I sweat intne winter. Any ideas what it could be and how to treat it?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
welcome to hcm.
blister of that size may be abscess,blistering disorder of skin.
to comment about it few questions need to be answered.
like -is there any history of trauma/is it spreading/any discharge (eg.pus) is there/any such blister in other parts of body?
after all it need examination of that part for diagonosis.
but some general measures should be followed
1.keep the area clean
2.warm compress can be given
3.avoid trauma to that site
hope this will help.
if it increases/don't heal gradualy consult your family physician.
good luck.

Answered: Wed, 6 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

4 Doctors agree with this answer

Dermatologist Dr. Kalpana Pathak's  Response
From the description and onset of lesions, it seems these tiny fluid filled lesions could be a variant of eczema known as pompholyx. To treat the same application of topical steroid creams, emollients and taking antiallergic like cetirizine helps.
However, I would advise you to consult a dermatologist near by as these lesions should be differentiated from other conditions like plantar psoriasis or fungal infections(tines pedis which may present with fluid filled lesions at times)
Hope that answers your query.
Answered: Tue, 5 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor