• question-icon

Soreness over body, blood in urine, stomach virus doing rounds in family. Cause?

We have had in my family and my son-in-law s family what I believe to be a stomach virus going around. We have all had diarrhea , vomitting, and back pain . Most symptoms subsiding withing 24 hrs. My 24 hrs are up and I am really sore all over. My main concern is that I have blood in my urine . Can a stomach virus cause blood in the urine?
Fri, 24 Oct 2014
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
A stomach virus should not cause blood in the urine. You need a urine examination and an ultrasound. I would suggest you visit your do for for a physical exam and to find the cause of blood in your urine.
Hope this helps
Dr Samir Patil