Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Soreness in the shin after being hit. No discoloration. Need to go to doctor?

Hi, I hit my shin pretty hard and I m wondering if I should see a doctor. After the hit I immediately felt pain and literally watched it swell up. I have place a cold cloth over it to keep the swelling down and did notice a difference. When I touch directly on the area there is soreness but nothing major and there is no pain or soreness when I.touch around the area. There was no discoloration of the area either. Everything seems to be ok but I just want to make sure.
Asked On : Tue, 2 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello Dear
As per your query it seem everything fine. But keep the part elevated, Wear a elastic bandage on it and take some anti-inflammatory drugs.
If your pain or swelling persist, any discoloration of the part or you have fever, than you must visit your doctor. Otherwise above said precautions will help you in healing the injury.
Hope you got your answer.
Best Wishes
Answered: Tue, 2 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor