Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Sore throat, swollen, solid food causing burning in throat. Father had throat cancer. Consulting ENT, what should be asked?

My brother has had a sore throat, swolllen glands in the neck, has to eat soft food because most solid foods burn his throat, he has lost 16 pounds in last 1 1/2 months. This has been affecting him for 7 weeks. Has seen the doctor twice for this. Doctor looked at his mouth and throat but didn't see anything that would cause the problem. The doctor has not taken a urine test or any blood work. At my brothers first visit, he asked the Doctor if it could be throat cancer (our Father had throat cancer). The Doctor told him no. He put my brother on antibiotics, just yesterday a different kind. We are very concerned becasue he has lost 4 pounds in the weeek or so, can't eat, hurst so bad to swollow. Has an appt. with an ENT but it is in two weeks. What should we be sure to ask this ENT doctor.
Asked On : Wed, 9 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  15
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Homeopath 's  Response
Hello friend,
Thank you for posting the query through Healthcare magic.
Your brother had a sore throat only. But the fear of cancer is deep rooted in the minds of all of you. Because your father had a cancer in the throat. Your brother also might have started fearing the affection as cancer.
This fear of death is coined by the medical profession with the word 'cancer' and all the tumours or ulcers are explained to be having chance of turning to cancer. Therefore the sore throat with associated glands are taken as cancer by your brother and hence he is losing weight due to the fear of death.
Tendency to get throat infections, frequent sore throats, glandular enlargement are all constitutional peculiarities of your brother. What you have not included in the query is his mind and mental symptoms peculiar to your brother.
What he needs at present is a genetic and constitutional treatment. I can very confidently suggest you to go to an expert Homoeopathic physician who will take your brother's case in detail and will study his mind and body symptoms to prescribe a genetic constitutional remedy for him.
Please stop all further investigations. They will put him under greater mental tension and will make his condition worse. Reassure him that he will be cured of his disease through Homoeopathic method.
Or you can ask a premium question directly to me. I will send a case receiving format on request in which you can enter his whole case. Homoeopathy never treats his throat or glands. Homoeopathy cures him first and then all his diseases will be cured for good.
With Best Wishes, Dr C. J. Varghese, Homoeopath,,
Answered: Wed, 9 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor