Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Sore throat, sore body, stuffy nose and cough with green phlegm. Have a mono. Help?

Hi I have been sick for about 2 weeks now with sore throat , sore body, stuffy nose and a horrible cough with green phlegm . Yesterday a sharp pain started below my left rib cage closer to my back, it is sudden very sharp shooting pains. 20 Year old girl, also I have already had mono I know you can get it more than once but not common
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  111
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
hi and thanks for the query,
it does look like you have developed lower respiratory tract infection.
do not ignore it anymore.
it is possible that there is infection of the pleura that covers the lungs which is responsible for the sharp pains that you are experiencing.
you will require a chest xray and culture and sensitivity of the green mucus.
see a doctor as soon as possible.
Dr Rajkishori Godhi
Answered: Sat, 15 Feb 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor