Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Sore throat, pus filled pimple above tonsils, headache due to working in AC. Can I take Azithral?

i have sore throat small pimple of puse inside throat above tonsils.....i have allergy of tonsils since childhood...i am allergic to cold , dust, and some tartaric fruits and curd.Also with throat infection right now my head is paining and have cold and cough due to AC/ and cold climate as on work i cant stop AC for other so need to work in same condition.Should i go for azithral500mg.
Asked On : Tue, 6 Nov 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  210
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
Azithromycin is a good choice of drug and 500mg od (or 250mg twice daily) for 5 days is sufficient. However, you must remember that a one-off course of antibiotics may not do any harm but if you need antibiotics again, do consult your doctor to see if this is really required.
Allergies can feel like a constant flu infection, and testing is recommended. You may already have had tests but skin prick testing or specific IgE blood test for house dust mite, animal dander, molds (alternaria, aspergillus, cladosporium etc) can be difficult to avoid and treat unless you know that these are also problems.
Rhinosinusitis or just rhinitis resolves on long acting antihistamines and nasal steroid spray like nasonex taken for 6-8weeks.
Answered: Tue, 6 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
Hi friend
Welcome to Health Care Magic

     Allergy and infection have different approaches – An antibiotic is necessary only for infection.
See your doctor to confirm, before staring it. Azithromycin is a good drug. Streptococcal infection of the throat must be treated properly - it can have serious long term consequences, like Rheumatic heart or Nephritis...
     If your allergy is the major trouble, see one allergy specialist. They can do special tests to find the causes and suggest de-sensitisation. Cold by itself, is less common than dust, mould (fungus) etc in the air-condition ducts...

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Tue, 6 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor