Sore throat, fever. Taking cortisone injection. Is cold related to cortisone?

I received a cortisone injection in my shoulder three days ago from a Orthopedic Surgeon. I am now able to move my shoulder and start physical therapy next week. Since yesterday, I woke up with sore throat and fever. I am taking Methotrexate weekly for RA. Is the cold related to the cortisone as my immune system is low?
Tue, 30 Apr 2013
Sore throat and fever means some infection and not due to medicines you are takink.Intr-articular injections of cortisones are heavy and they are not absorbed in blood and act only locally so no chance for high cortisone level in blood. for systemic effects your blood levels have to be there.
As you mention methtrexate, you must be getting periodical blood check up for count and also LFT (liver function tests)and creatinine for kidney function periodically to see for effects.
Take paracetamol 500 mg for fever twice and do hot saline (salt)gargles for bad throat.

Pediatrician Dr. Imraan Hussain 's  Response
Hi
thanks for your quiry at HCM

yes ,this can be one of complication of immunosuppressive therapy which also supress the bone marrow . do get your complete blood count done . if any derangment consult your physician. he will adjust the dosage or change the treatment

i will be available for your help
wishing you a speedy recovery
take care
regards