Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Sore swollen pinky finger, unable to bend it, bruised, no injury. Treatment?

A few days ago my pinky finger on my left hand was sensitive and sore, today i woke up and its swollen at the base of it and I can barely bend it down with out extreme pain. I know it cant be broken because if I ignore the pain it will bend down. I dont recall of any time I injured it or anything. But its swollen and bruised.
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  940
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello. Welcome to hcm.
Sudden onset pain is mostly due to injury when you were sleeping. It is not possible to rule out fracture unless x ray is taken and examined.
Rarely it can also be a case of gout.
I advice you to visit your doctor who will order x ray first. If its normal and he suspects joint to be fine,then tests for gout can be under taken like aspiration of swelling and examination under microscope.
All the best
Answered: Fri, 17 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor