Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Sore spot on bottom of jaw bone, pain when opening mouth wide

i have a sore spot on the bottom of the jaw bone on the right side if my face. it comes and goes every few weeks and lasts for around a week. not sore to eat or chew . opening my mouth wide and slight prssure is painfull. there feels to be a slight lump.
Asked On : Fri, 23 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  486
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General Surgeon 's  Response
The thing you are able to palpate is a lymphnode. It comes and goes when when it becomes active and inactive due to infection. The exact place of the infection in your mouth has to be searched if it is not obivious. Many a time a sub clinical infection will produce like that feature. You need not be afraid but if it happens frequently please get checked for carries tooth or Tuberculosis etc(list is long).
Hope you find my suggestion useful. Feel free to ask any further questions.
Thanking you
Dr Samir
Answered: Sat, 9 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor