Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Sore ribs after an injury. Pain while walking. Need medical attention?

On the upper right side of my hip undee my ribs feel like if they were sore. I accidently hit my self with a medle there two days ago. That night on the same side that i hurt myself it felt heavy and i felt pain to move myself. When i walk it hurts but am able to resist it. When i massage it, it feels better but then again it hurts. When i lay on that side it feels good for a while but then it hurts. I tried tapping myself on that side but i feel no pain i jst feel sore hut i have been feeling it for da past three days now. I also started drinking alot of water to make it feel better. Bur the soreness wont go away. Do you think this is normal or something that i should probly see a doctor for ?
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Hello and Welcome to HCM,
Thanks for writing to us.
The symptoms you have described are more likely to be symptoms of muscles strain.
To get relief from the pain and for quick healing:
1. Do hot fomatation at the site.
2. Apply local anti-inflammatory gel 2-3 times a day.
3. Take anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen to reduce pain and local swelling or inflammation.
4. Do not lift weight or try to do exercise that involve painful muscles. Give proper time for the to heal.
Hope this helps you.
Wishing you good health...
Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.
Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad's  Response
Jul 2013
Hi, it looks you have a muscle contusion (strained muscle) due to injury. Whenever a strained muscle stretches during body movements, it hurts. So it should be given adequate rest to recover. Put some ice compressions intermittantly over that area where you feel pain. Apply some analgesic gel over the affected area. If you still have pain after few days, consult an orthosurgeon for evaluation. Hope this helps you.
Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor