Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Sore near butt crack, round, red circle. Using hydrogen peroxide. Permanent cure?

I have a sore slightly to the right of my butt crack that is extremely painful. It is a round raised circle and is burning with pain all the time. What is this? I have been cleaning it with hydrogen peroxide and applying neosporin and covering with a bandaid. This gives some relief, but it is short-lived. Is there anything else I can do?
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  337
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
it could be pilonidal sinus, its a collection of pus or hairy like material beneath the skin, occurs at the region of butt crack, u need to see surgeon, he will drain the pus and prescribe antibiotics.
Answered: Thu, 8 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor