Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Sore labia majora near mole, pus filled, bleeding. Should I be worried?

I have a mole that is on my labia majora . I have had it for well over 20 years. I am 36. I have noticed some sensation for several weeks, even when just walking. This morning when drying off from showering I had more pain than usual surrounding the mole. As I examined it I noticed it to be larger, raised, and rather sore. I had my husband look at it and he noticed it to be larger and raised as well. This evening, when I got home from work, I had my husband examine it and we noticed a darker spot on it. We took tweezers to it to see if it was an ingrown hair by chance. It was not, but he did get a sort of small plug out of it. After that, pus and blood followed. I did squeeze it to see if more would come out and it did. If you push around the outside of the mole you can feel underneath that there is a definite mass. What am I looking at here? Should I be worried?
Asked On : Tue, 6 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  504
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
From the description it seems to be a folliculitis or a bartholin's abscess. You need to have it examined from your gynecologist so that pus can be drained properly and systemic antibiotics can be given to control the infection. Till then you can do a hot fomentation.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Wed, 7 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor