Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Sore knee, painful, tried OTC medicine. What is it?

i have a very sore spot i can feel a small lump there inside my right knee painful to touch sometimes get stabbing sharp pain this keeps me awake i have tried various OTC med for pain but none seems to help,doctor wants to try cortisone shot this has been for quite some time doctor says try heating pad also i am at wits end it is painfull thanks Bob
Asked On : Sun, 20 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to HCMForum. It appears your problem is osteo arthritis. If you are heavy weight reduction is important.
I advise you to consult an orthopedic surgeon. he will diagnise the case after taking c.t.scan. Hi dose injection containing
Vit B1 B6
Answered: Sun, 20 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor