Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

Sore inside the cheek. Dark red in colour. No pain, just irritation. What could it be?

Hi, i have a sore on the inside of my cheek that is dark red/black in color. It also appears to be hard when probed. No pain, mostly just irritating. Is this something to be worried about? I have my annual physical in a couple of weeks but do I need to get this checked out now? This sore has been there for a couple of days.
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  210
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Thank you for your query.

Oral irritation or even ulcers are associated with many different conditions. But, in all other conditions, it mostly presents along with other symptoms. If you would have any, you would have mentioned them.

But from the information provided by you, I am assuming you have only this.

A deficiency in vitamin B9 and/or vitamin B12 normally presents with oral ripeness and irritation, and even ulcers in the mouth.

As you have your annual check up in a couple of weeks, all systems should be thoroughly checked then. For now, you could consult your Family Physician and start on vitamin supplements.

I am sure you shall recover at the earliest.

I hope I have succeeded in answering your questions, you could write back to me anytime for further clarifications.

Best wishes.
Answered: Fri, 1 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor