Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Sore hardening in breast. Should I be concerned ?

I have a sore hardening area in my breast. It feels like a thick strap that starts right above my left breast, upper chest , and can be felt down to almost my nipple where it gets larger. It is sore if you push on the area, this is the same that side that my children constantly dig their elbows in when they are sitting with me. Should I be concerned or could it judt be a muscle? Very concerned. Thank you
Asked On : Wed, 23 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  338
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.

I would surely ask you to go in for an examination to your general physician or any doctor, to find out what it is, I feel it must be an abscess of breast or any infection/inflammation called mastitis, it could also be a significant swelling, like fibroadenomas/ benign tumors as well , better to get it examined

Avoid repeated trauma or friction to the area, wear loose bra which can allow a finger's width at least of space in between .

Answered: Wed, 23 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor