Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Sore hard lump under the muscles near belly button. Concerned about its effect on health?

About midway between my sternum and my belly button, under the fat and muscles, there is a hard lump that is very sore when I press on that area. I know, stop pressing! but it is concerning to me. I have a hiatal hernia and really severe acid reflux disease . There is a history of vascular weakness in my maternal family and strokes on the paternal side. Anything in particular that this lump should cause me to be concerned?
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  377
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi.It seems that you abdominal wall is lax/weak.This paves for repeated hernias(protrusion of the fat/organs(which might be sometimes serious).Since the region is tender/painful I suggest you to get a surgical opinion as soon as possible without further delay.Hope this helps.Take care.
Answered: Thu, 17 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor