Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Sore fluid-filled lump on anus, difficulty moving around, sitting. Tried epsom salt with hot water. Cure?

I have a sore fluid filled lump starting at my anus and going up about 2cm. It kinda resembles a large pimple that won t come to a head. It is very painful for me to move around and sit. The only time I feel relief is when I take a hot bath with epsom salt. I have had this issue for 3 days now and it doesn t appear to be getting any smaller. Any suggestions on home remedies? I don t have health insurance
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  254
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
The lump that you are palpating near anus may be a Sentinel pile,which is not true pile,but the protruberance of the skin which is palpated as swelling.It is seen in Fissure in Ano,a painful condition.
You have to take plenty of liquids,green leafy vegetables.
Please consult your surgeon and get it diagnosed.
Another possibility is Peri anal Abscess,another painful condition around anus with pus in it.You should also get excluded from Thrombosed pile.
Your surgeon after examination will confirm the diagnosis.
Wish you good health
Answered: Wed, 30 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor