Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Sore breasts, nausea , symptoms of pregnancy ?

My sister has been feeling kind of odd for a few days and she decided to take a pregnancy test . The test came back negative, but her breasts have been sore and yesterday she pressed on one and milk came out. She checked the other one and it did it a little less but still some milk came out. She took another test and it came back negative as well but she is now experiencing nausea . She hasn t miss a period yet, so we were just wondering ig maybe she is pregnant but its too early to show on a urine test?
Asked On : Sun, 29 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  177
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hi there.

Thanks for the query.

Usually sore breasts with milky secretion could have many causes. Common causes include hormonal disorders, drug intake. Prolactinoma can cause headache, absent period, milky secretion from breast and visual disturbances.

Also thyroid problems, and medication like anti-depressants, anti-psychotics can cause the same.

Also get a pregnancy test done if she has had unprotected sexual intercourse as milk secretion can start in early pregnancy as well.

Consult a Gynecologist in this regard to find out the cause for this and get adequate treatment.

Wishing speedy recovery.


Answered: Sun, 29 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Sree Gouri SR's  Response
May 2013
This condition is called galactorrhea. Which means spontaneous flow of milk from the breast unassociated with pregnancy or lactation.
It is seen in 5% to 32% of the cases.
The causes are:
Hormonal imbalance like hyperprolactinemia as in case of pituitary adenoma,
Hormonal imbalance caused by birth control pills also can cause,
Excessive nipple stimulation,
Side effect of some drugs like cimetidine, anti-psychotics like risperidone, proton-pump inhibitors etc.
As sometimes the underlying cause can be a serious disorder, you better visit either gynecologist or endocrinologist to diagnose the cause.
Take care     
Answered: Sun, 29 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor