Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Sore, blister like bump behind ear, got pus on poking, had bumps on the same spot

I have a blister or cyst like bump behind my ear, it is sore and feels pressured like it is filled with fluid it is in the crease on the back of my ear where it joins my scalp I have foolishly thought it was a pimple and poked and squeezed it, some pus came out. There has been a bump there for a few months but it has recently gotten larger and very sore
Asked On : Wed, 6 Jun 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  2390
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
You have an infection behind your ear may be an infected lymph node. This needs proper treatment with antibiotics and the source of primary infection needs to be looked for. Please do consult an ENT specialist for proper treatment.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Wed, 6 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Divya Upadhya's  Response

The blister you have described appears to be a folliculitis ie infection of the hair follicle. If there was some pus inside then it has to be removed completely by a trained Dr and you will be given appropriate antibiotics. Dont press the bump yourself it will only spread the infection further and make it worst.

I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr Divya
Answered: Wed, 6 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor