Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Sore back, painful to laugh or cough. What to do?

hi got flu overseas 4 weeks ago, lots of coughing causing very sore ribs/ chest . still having soreness in left side of chest/side/back. like a stabbing pain when i move/laugh/cough/get out of bed on lhs of chest mainly. can t do anything for it as it feels like a muscular issue - not so much like a pain you can have a tablet for. not getting better, got a bit worse in the last week
Asked On : Fri, 12 Oct 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  155
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,  
Lab Tests
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi Bec,
Some infection of the chest can also cause cough in addition to flu.
Is your cough dry or productive?
It will be good if you get the following investigations done:-
1. Complete Blood Count
2. Chest X-Ray PA view
Antihisataminics will help in reducing the cough. Take medicines after getting yourself examined by a medical professional.
I hope this is helpful to you. You can write again with the reports. It will be helpful for planning the treatment.
Answered: Fri, 12 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
A cough of 4 weeks needs investigation - a chest X-ray is a MUST.
The pain could be pleural (covering of lungs).
You MUST be examined by a physician - to rule out a few things. A bacterial infection, after 'flu' / pleural irritation or fluid / wheezing and so on.
Take care
Good luck
Answered: Fri, 12 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor