Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Sore area on nipples that get erect with nipples, looks discolored and gets itchy. Any suggestions?

I am a 43 y/o male and am experiencing some symptoms with my nipples/ areolas that I am concerned about. For several months I have noticed that a small area around my nipples become erect when my nipples become erect. The area is also very itchy and even looks slightly discolored (kind of opaque) and dry. My biggest complaint is the itching but secondary is the areola growth, though not much it is new to me. My wife says she barely notices but it still bothers me. My GP is an internist and he feels it is dermal and his next step is to biopsy the areola. I am nervous about this and am concerned that this could be a hormonal imbalance. My testosterone was tested a year ago at 417. My Dr thinks it is unecessary to test again as he suggests the level will not drop in a year. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Tue, 6 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  186
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

There is nothing to worry about it. Its just a skin problem because of dryness. You apply some good moisturizing cream and take levocetrizine 5 mg at bed time. As per your testosterone level there is no hormonal imbalance even if it is a year old report.

Answered: Mon, 2 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful

 3 users find this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor