Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Sore and swollen hand after fall. X-ray showed hairline fracture. What is normally done?

My daughter fell on her left hand while rollerskating. Iced it and it was sore for the day. Next day it still was sore and seemed a little swollen. Took her to convenient care clinic where they did s Xrays. Physician said the crags didn t show any breaks but to call the next day after the radiologist had a look. They put a splint on hand and wrist then wrapped in ace bandage . I called today to check what radiologist saw and they said there was a hairline fracture in pinky finger which doesn t seem to be bothering her at all. We were told to follow up with orthopedic doc. What do they normally do? Splint the finger? Cast? Thank you
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  91
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Dear Sir/Mam,
Even if your daughter has a hairline fracture I would advise you to meet the orthopaedic surgeon and take his opinion. Its like treating a patient just by hearing his symptoms. The xray needs to be seen by a orthopod to absolutely make sure that its a hairline fracture which can be managed conservatively in a splint . Giving her lots of ice packs, analgesics and anti inflamatory drugs will help. Hope this has helped you.
Answered: Tue, 29 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor