Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Sore and painful hole above gum. Had sore throat. How to get relief?

How can I get relief from the sore spot - a small crater like hole above the teeth gum ? I have a sore spot in my far upper right gum (above the teeth gum.) I just discovered that its actually a small crater like hole. about the size of pen point. I ve had a sore throat for the 2 weeks especially at night and that spot has been very sore for about some days now,and also i am starting to feel pain there
Asked On : Sat, 10 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  458
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dentist 's  Response
hello and welcome to HCM forum,
i would like to inform you that the pin point size hole is normally present on both the sides of your upper back teeth region, if pain and swelling are associated with it then it needs to be checked .
In your case, i believe you will need to see an ENT specialist for sore throat.
i advise you to perform warm saline rinses(3-4 times/day) for 3-5 days.
if the problem does not resolve then kindly visit an ENT doctor.
i hope i answered your query,
i wish you good health.
Answered: Tue, 13 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor